Vice Principal (Administration)
Vice Principal (Administration)
Agency: Ministry of Education
Work type: Contract
Categories: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Administration Support, Building and Estate Management, Human Resources, InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications, Education, Public Relations/Corporate Communications/Psychology
The wealth of a nation lies in its people - their commitment to country and community, their willingness to strive and persevere, their ability to think, achieve and excel. Our future depends on our continually renewing and regenerating our leadership and citizenry, building upon the experience of the past, learning from the circumstances of the present, and preparing for the challenges of the future. How we bring up our young at home and teach them in school will shape Singapore in the next generation.
The mission of the Education Service is to mould the future of the nation, by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. The Service will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them into good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, society and country.
As a Vice Principal (Administration), you will be a key member of the school’s senior management team and will be responsible for supporting the holistic education outcomes and learning experience of students through effective school administration and efficient management of resources. You will also lead a team of Executive and Administrative Staff to uphold service excellence in school and work in close collaboration with the teaching staff to achieve the desired school and educational outcomes.
Your key responsibilities include working with and supporting the Principal in the following areas:
School strategic planning and implementation
• Developing the school’s strategic goals and plan and driving continuous improvement
• Building collaborative partnerships and active engagement with key stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
School administration and management of resources
• Overseeing finance, procurement, HR, inventory, and student-related administration and operations to ensure compliance with relevant policies/guidelines and procedures and alignment with school’s strategic plan
• Allocating and managing resources efficiently to achieve the school’s goals
• Harnessing IT to increase productivity and enhance school processes
Leadership and management of people
• Leading and motivating the School Admin Team (SAT) through promoting a culture of service excellence and growth and to ensure the effective management of administrative and operations matters; by conducting effective performance management and feedback
School facility and security management
• Overseeing the facility management and operations; and incorporating best practices to ensure a safe and conducive learning environment
• Ensuring appropriate security procedures and measures are in place/ready for implementation when required
• At least 10 years general management experience including a minimum of 5 years in a leadership position. Prior experience in strategic planning, finance and human resource management would be an advantage
• Strong strategic thinking, analytical and leadership skills
• Passion for educating and interacting with students
• A dynamic and highly driven individual with strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
• Applicants should submit a cover letter including a short summary of relevant work experience and skillsets that would help you to contribute to the position
In general, applicants can expect to hear from us within 4 weeks of the close of the application window. In the event where we receive a high number of applications, applicants will receive an update on their status within 6 weeks of the close of the window.