Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
Functions & Duties
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu items available in the bar
- All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in the bar.
- Every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Daily menu specials and out of stock items.
- Bar layout, table set-ups, hours of operation
- Imputing of items in the Info Genesis system.
- Daily arrival / departure, VIPs
- Be aware of in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All department policies / service procedures.
- Attend line-ups with other staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Meet with Captains, or Manager to review daily specials and out of stock items. Ensure that other members of the staff are aware of such changes.
- Communicate closely with Captains and Service Attendants to ensure quality service is achieved.
- Assist other bartenders and service attendants whenever possible
- Perform work and side duties in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain storage areas with proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies as requested by superiors.
- Replenish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Upsell to guests whenever possible
- Prepare special items for events in accordance with superior’s requests
- Prepare workstations & pantries, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all materials, equipment are in complete readiness for service in accordance to business needs
- Ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards
- Participate and contribute in all designated meetings and training sessions
- Daily check and cleaning of work areas ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Report any defects to Manager on Duty
- Anticipate, acknowledge and respond promptly to guests requests at all times
- Be familiar with all operation services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Report guest opportunities to Superiors following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction. Advise of the problem and if unable to solve the problem, ask for superior’s assistance.
- Be aware of guest reactions and communicate with superior and other service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and working conditions of departmental equipment, supplies, and work areas.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Ensure all assigned closing duties are completed before signing out. Take part in formal training programs
- Work to be part of a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Report to Manager on Duty work orders for maintenance and repairs to be submitted to Manager.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up actions with Manager on Duty.
- Collect & Analyze Guest Preferences and Comment Cards
- Completion of high school “O” Level
- Diploma in any field is an advantage
- Food Safety Certification
- Minimum 12 months in bartending experience
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- F&B Knowledge
- Bartending experience is an advantage
- Info Genesis Proficient is an advantage
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Ability to lead by example with honesty and integrity
- Ability to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to analyze and improve process and procedures
- Ability to interact and solve opportunities with employees and guests
- Compute basic mathematical calculations
- Have a good eye for detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize, work with minimal supervision
You agree that it is a condition of employment that you adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures including without limitation the rules of conduct of the Company.
Primary/Secondary School/O Level
Marina Bay Sands® is Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment delivering once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The landmark building is situated in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and transforms Singapore’s skyline and the country’s tourism landscape.
The destination offers a luxury hotel, state-of-the art convention and exhibition facilities, theaters, world-class entertainment and the best shopping and dining in the region. The three hotel towers are crowned by the Sands SkyPark® on the 57th story.
Product & Services
Conveniently located in the heart of the Central Business District and 20 minutes from Changi Airport.
• Hotel: The Marina Bay Sands hotel has three 55-story towers with 2,561 luxury rooms and suites. The three towers are capped by the Sands SkyPark, which offers 360-degree views of Singapore’s skyline. It is home to restaurants, lush gardens, an infinity edged swimming pool and the world’s largest public cantilever housing an observation deck.
• Expo and Conventions: The Sands Expo and Convention Center has 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space. It can host over 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. It features Southeast Asia’s biggest ballroom, which can accommodate 6,600 people for a banquet, and up to 11,000 for an auditorium-style lecture.
• Shopping: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands has 800,000 square feet of retail and dining space. Luxury retailers include Bally, Cartier, CHANEL, Ferragamo, Franck Muller, Gucci, Hermès, Hublot, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Omega, Patek Philippe, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Yves Saint Laurent. New brands include Anne Fontaine, Henry Cotton’s, Leviev, Marisfrolg, Moiselle, Rabeanco, Stefano Ricci, and Wolford.
• Restaurants: Dining at Marina Bay Sands is a gourmet experience with over 50 dining choices. These include celebrity-chef restaurants helmed by Mario Batali, (New York), Daniel Boulud (New York), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Guy Savoy (Paris), Tetsuya Wakuda (Sydney) and Justin Quek (Singapore). Marina Bay Sands features signature restaurants, modern bistros and a premium food court.
• Entertainment: Marina Bay Sands energizes the entertainment and nightlife scene in Singapore with nightclubs, world-class entertainment, a museum and a casino. The museum, which has a lotus-inspired design, will feature blockbuster exhibitions from around the world. Two state-of-the-art theaters will open with a total of about 4,000 seats. The Broadway hit The Lion King will debut in Sands Theater, with Le Theater presenting shorter-run shows such as concerts, award ceremonies and gala events. The outdoor event plaza along the promenade next to Marina Bay will host audiences for watching events on the bay or on the plaza.
Additional Company Information
More than 5000 Employees
Hotel / Hospitality
Your application has been successfully submitted.