Senior/Product Manager – Smart Services Product Suite
M1 is Singapore’s most vibrant and dynamic communications company, providing mobile and fixed services to over two million customers. Since the launch of commercial services in 1997, we have achieved many firsts, including the first operator to offer nationwide 4G service, as well as ultra high-speed fixed broadband, fixed voice and other services on the Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network. With a continual focus on network quality, customer service, value and innovation, M1 links anyone and anything; anytime, anywhere. M1 offers a wide range of mobile and fixed communication services to our consumers, and deliver an extensive suite of services and solutions to our corporate customers which includes symmetrical connectivity solutions of up to 10Gbps, managed services, cloud solutions, cybersecurity solutions, Internet of Things and data centre services. M1 aims to be a leading provider of smart services in the region to support enterprise and government entities in their digital transformation journey to drive business productivity and value add, enhance citizens’ experience, and increase sustainability of townships and cities.
The role will spearhead the creation and deployment of digital services and IoT solutions in Singapore and Asia Pacific region, delivering state of the art products to our Consumer, SME, Enterprise and Government customers.
Your product suite covers products relation to Smart Home, Smart Town, Smart City and Smart Site groupings. These products are expressly created to support the business and operational success of organisations who will primarily require access to cloud-based services.
Responsible for developing, promoting and owning multiple products within the Smart Services Portfolio. Reporting to the Smart Services Portfolio Lead, you will define the product strategy contributing to the commercial and brand success of the portfolio and M1.
- Identify and define the market segment(s) for the product portfolio
- Define white spaces (adjacent and distinct) surrounding existing products, within and around the portfolio, into new opportunities for M1.
- Manage the product/s throughout the product life cycle from planning to execution.
- Analyse current market trends and identify potential partnership.
- Understand and articulate M1 build versus partnership perspective.
- Assess competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation.
- Define product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they are successfully achieved.
- Prepare tracking reports and analyses on product performance.
- Strategize appropriate go to market plans with Sales and Marketing Managers.
- Lead and own the development of the product strategy and plans.
- Devise and drive product roadmaps.
- Work with broader Digital Office teams (Software Engineering, Application & Platforms, Data management) and Engineering to define, deliver and deploy quality, secure and well-defined time-bound product releases.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and return on investment.
- Prepare business case and return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, costing special and customized orders.
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, marketing, and sales teams on the development, POC, and release of products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates across primary market segments.
- Analyse market data to define the long-term strategy of the product and create product road map, pricing strategies and product policies.
- Collect and analyse feedback from users, stakeholders and other teams for product refinements and ongoing development.
- Implementation of the complete product plan including go to market strategies to drive product/feature adoption, launch plans, pricing, financial modelling and business cases, licensing, legal & regulatory, etc.
- Manage cross functional team relationships (Engineering, QE/QA, Architecture, Operations, Program Management etc.) to develop the product, track status, resolve issues, and coordinate communication during the entire product development process and ensure timely and effective product releases.
- Manage all product-related costs, and expenses incurred throughout the year
- Analyse and report extensively on product performance in relation to the investments made.
- Vendor relationship management.
- 7 – 15 years’ experience in a software, internet or telecommunications company with a proven track record of delivering results in a high growth or high-tech business.
- A solid technical background with experience in the application of IoT solutions for the digitization of cities, towns, buildings and or homes
- Considerable experience in building and managing multiple complex IT/OT solutions, achieving revenue targets for sectors such as Real Estate, Manufacturing, Logistics and or Telecommunications.
- Experience in building and managing products.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multi-functional teams.
Self-driven and can work within diverse and cross-functional teams, delivering innovative product solutions at a rapid pace. Results driven with the flexibility to adapt/realign direction as required in this dynamic technology industry.
- Demonstrate strong ownership in developing plans and driving matrix/virtual teams, managing issues, bottlenecks and barriers.
- Adept influencer, internally and externally.
- Tenacity and resilience to achieve strong bottom line results and sense of personal ownership.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with customers, teams and partners.
- Proven ability to put customers at the heart of the business.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
Analytical & Conceptual Skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and the ability to derive insight from research and findings and to develop a product proposition.
- Ability to demonstrate having taken products to market.
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable interacting with Senior Management.
- Strong ability to understand and articulate both technical and business requirements.
Develop close relationships and ability to influence the thinking of the following functional groups is very important:
- Sales and Marketing
- Network Engineering and ICT Services
- Finance, Legal and Compliance
- Customer Service
- Develop new relationships 3rd Party providers, vendors and partners of technology services
- Enhance existing relationships with key vendors and partners as key to ongoing success.
Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, telecommunications, or business.
- Technology certifications
- Project Management certifications
- Experience in Agile and/or DevOps
Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Sales/Marketing, Marketing/Business Dev, Computer/Information Technology, IT-Software