Java Developer As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Wealth Management Client and Party reference data platform technology team in APAC is specifically seeking a development team member for building party and account platform. As a technologist, you will be responsible for developing functionality for key projects that are owned and driven by APAC, but delivering for the business globally. You will be part of a dynamic team that will work closely with product owners as well as interact globally with business stakeholders, product owners and other application developers at all levels of the organization. As a full-stack technologist, the role requires you to have sound technical skills and experience building applications with expertise on modern development practices. If you have a passion for bleeding edge technology and a drive for excellence in delivery, you will feel right at home in this organization.
- Key Responsibilities:Turning epics and stories provided by business, product owners or business analysts into technical designs and development
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including web front-end, back-end services.
- Responsible for executing clean code for complex designs that are in line with the architectural direction
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global technology team.
- Active involvement in supporting the Client and Party reference data platform across all environments, including production in a devops model
- Have a keen focus on development modernization by embracing latest technologies and practices and taking initiative to research and learn.
- Lead the development team for Client and Party reference data platform and able to work with business stakeholders.
- This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Micro service design patterns and exposure to Cloud based application development. Exposure to AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be an added advantage.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Sybase or Oracle and with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and/or MongoDB
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc. and exposure to event-driven design patterns.
- Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire, ehCache, Hazelcast, etc.
- Experience developing with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture