Singapore, , Singapore
Reporting to the Custom Clearance Manager (South Asia Hub), the incumbent is responsible for classifying accurately the commodities in a shipment in accordance to the national tariff tables, and determining a preliminary assessment of the duties and taxes payable for shipments imported/exported through DHL Express and also supporting Formal and Informal declaration.
- Understand and comply with the regulations and guidelines issued by the customs agency or other government agencies supervising import and export activities
- Determine the shipment value in accordance to the local valuation guidelines provided by the local authorities
- Determine and classify the shipment commodities in accordance to the national tariff classifications tables available, and determining the corresponding duty and tax rates.
- Compute a preliminary assessment on the duty and taxes payable to the external agencies
- Assign the shipment records where it is not able to compute a preliminary duty and tax assessment due to incomplete or inadequate information available on the shipment record
- Assign the shipment record when it is determined to contain prohibited or restricted shipments to Clearance Support for verification and resolution
- In event that the computed preliminary duty and taxes payable exceeds the approved limits, the Classification Agent will need to assign the shipment record to Clearance Support to obtain the payment approvals.
- Assist in the maintenance of the duties and tax disbursement records and the reconciliation of these disbursements to the recorded duty and tax statements
- Assist in the co-ordination activities between the clearance department and Finance department on matters related to the customs clearance related disbursement
At least a Diploma in any field.
Minimum 1 year experience working in customs clearance matters within the logistics, international transportation or brokerage industry is required.
Customs certification on Import/Export trade or brokerage related subject is preferred.
The role is required to perform shift work.
Work Location: DHL Express (Singapore) Pte Ltd (South Asia Hub) -121 Airport Cargo Road Singapore 819480
Your application has been successfully submitted.