Data Solutions Engineer
Data Solutions Engineer
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
As a Data Solutions Engineer, you will build and maintain end to end Data & BI solutions for the Data Platform to address various business requirements.
You will be an individual contributor who has deep understanding and experience building data solutions. In this role you need to use various tools not limited to; Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft BI Tool Stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), MDX, DAX, Power BI, Tableau, Windows batch scripting, PowerShell, Web Services, Python, R, C#.Net etc. You are also expected to do development, automation and maintenance of data solutions as an active contributor in current Team.
- Build and maintain reliable, efficient and consumable data solutions by delivering all phases of the software development life cycle, including gathering requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, integration, documentation, and post-deployment maintenance.
- Work on change requests from the business units.
- Maintain documentations of projects.
- Maintain user experience in term of availability, query performance and quick turnaround time.
- Resolve any data related issue like data discrepancies.
- Set up monitoring processes to alert any issue.
- Create & Maintain required business reports.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in designing & building data solutions.
- Highly proficient in T-SQL, data modeling and problem-solving.
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining an end-to-end data solution involving data exploration, data analysis, data ingestion, data transformation, data processing to deployment for both real time and batched data is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience with Reporting tools is mandatory. Working experience with Tableau / Power BI / Qlik / SSRS would be preferred.
- Experience in big data tools and technologies will be an added advantage.
- Proactive, Self-starter & Go-getter attitude is expected in this role.
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with financial analysis, trend analysis or any large volume data crunching and analysis would be an advantage.
- Prior experience with Hospitality and/or Gaming domain would be a BIG plus.
- Very good team player & attention to details.
You agree that it is a condition of employment that you adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures including without limitation the rules of conduct of the Company.
Computer/Information Technology, IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin
Marina Bay Sands® is Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment delivering once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The landmark building is situated in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and transforms Singapore’s skyline and the country’s tourism landscape.
The destination offers a luxury hotel, state-of-the art convention and exhibition facilities, theaters, world-class entertainment and the best shopping and dining in the region. The three hotel towers are crowned by the Sands SkyPark® on the 57th story.
Product & Services
Conveniently located in the heart of the Central Business District and 20 minutes from Changi Airport.
• Hotel: The Marina Bay Sands hotel has three 55-story towers with 2,561 luxury rooms and suites. The three towers are capped by the Sands SkyPark, which offers 360-degree views of Singapore’s skyline. It is home to restaurants, lush gardens, an infinity edged swimming pool and the world’s largest public cantilever housing an observation deck.
• Expo and Conventions: The Sands Expo and Convention Center has 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space. It can host over 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. It features Southeast Asia’s biggest ballroom, which can accommodate 6,600 people for a banquet, and up to 11,000 for an auditorium-style lecture.
• Shopping: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands has 800,000 square feet of retail and dining space. Luxury retailers include Bally, Cartier, CHANEL, Ferragamo, Franck Muller, Gucci, Hermès, Hublot, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Omega, Patek Philippe, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Yves Saint Laurent. New brands include Anne Fontaine, Henry Cotton’s, Leviev, Marisfrolg, Moiselle, Rabeanco, Stefano Ricci, and Wolford.
• Restaurants: Dining at Marina Bay Sands is a gourmet experience with over 50 dining choices. These include celebrity-chef restaurants helmed by Mario Batali, (New York), Daniel Boulud (New York), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Guy Savoy (Paris), Tetsuya Wakuda (Sydney) and Justin Quek (Singapore). Marina Bay Sands features signature restaurants, modern bistros and a premium food court.
• Entertainment: Marina Bay Sands energizes the entertainment and nightlife scene in Singapore with nightclubs, world-class entertainment, a museum and a casino. The museum, which has a lotus-inspired design, will feature blockbuster exhibitions from around the world. Two state-of-the-art theaters will open with a total of about 4,000 seats. The Broadway hit The Lion King will debut in Sands Theater, with Le Theater presenting shorter-run shows such as concerts, award ceremonies and gala events. The outdoor event plaza along the promenade next to Marina Bay will host audiences for watching events on the bay or on the plaza.
Additional Company Information
More than 5000 Employees
Hotel / Hospitality