IT Telecommunications Engineer
IT Telecommunications Engineer
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
- Reporting to the Telecoms Manager to assist with the day-to-day operation of Telecom Services
- Create and optimize established processes used by the team and participate in regular process reviews
- Ensure the monitoring, operation & improvement of PABX & associated telephony systems in an enterprise environment
- Administer telephony systems on a day-to-day basis, communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Activate escalation procedures to key support partners as/when required in a timely manner
- Coordinate & participate in quarterly preventative maintenance activities for telephony systems
- Provide reporting/metrics in relation to related Telecom system as/when required
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises annually
- Maintain service standards defined in OLA/SLA
- Ticket management (incident, service request & change) for Telecom systems queues
- Respond to incidents following the standard incident response procedure & assist with resolution
- Telecom equipment configuration & management
- Responsible for ensuring the timely process through which problems are controlled
- Follows established guidelines for escalating problems to the proper and/or more experienced personnel
- Be the lead in key Projects and Operational issues
- Maintain up to date Telecom System & Services documentation
- Perform additional Telecom related duties as assigned
- Degree in Telecommunications or related Technology curriculum preferred
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- AVAYA / CISCO related IP Telephony certifications
- Formal training in Avaya/Cisco PABX systems implementation administration & management
- VMWare certifications
- Other Radio/IP Telephony related certification would be a bonus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting enterprise level Telecoms/PABX systems
- Experience in 24x7 environment with on-call responsibilities
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment
- Experience supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise-level PABX environments, preferably Avaya/Cisco
- Experience supporting Avaya Contact Center Solutions
- Experience supporting IVR and Omni channel solutions an advantage
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- Experience in highly virtual environments
- Working knowledge in SQL
- Working Knowledge in Webservices and API technology an advantage
- Strong personnel management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multitask
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Strong documentation and service management skills
- Able to analyse and solve problems in a service driven organization
- Organized and detail-oriented
You agree that it is a condition of employment that you adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures including without limitation the rules of conduct of the Company.
Computer/Information Technology, IT-Hardware
Marina Bay Sands® is Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment delivering once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The landmark building is situated in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and transforms Singapore’s skyline and the country’s tourism landscape.
The destination offers a luxury hotel, state-of-the art convention and exhibition facilities, theaters, world-class entertainment and the best shopping and dining in the region. The three hotel towers are crowned by the Sands SkyPark® on the 57th story.
Product & Services
Conveniently located in the heart of the Central Business District and 20 minutes from Changi Airport.
• Hotel: The Marina Bay Sands hotel has three 55-story towers with 2,561 luxury rooms and suites. The three towers are capped by the Sands SkyPark, which offers 360-degree views of Singapore’s skyline. It is home to restaurants, lush gardens, an infinity edged swimming pool and the world’s largest public cantilever housing an observation deck.
• Expo and Conventions: The Sands Expo and Convention Center has 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space. It can host over 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. It features Southeast Asia’s biggest ballroom, which can accommodate 6,600 people for a banquet, and up to 11,000 for an auditorium-style lecture.
• Shopping: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands has 800,000 square feet of retail and dining space. Luxury retailers include Bally, Cartier, CHANEL, Ferragamo, Franck Muller, Gucci, Hermès, Hublot, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Omega, Patek Philippe, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Yves Saint Laurent. New brands include Anne Fontaine, Henry Cotton’s, Leviev, Marisfrolg, Moiselle, Rabeanco, Stefano Ricci, and Wolford.
• Restaurants: Dining at Marina Bay Sands is a gourmet experience with over 50 dining choices. These include celebrity-chef restaurants helmed by Mario Batali, (New York), Daniel Boulud (New York), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Guy Savoy (Paris), Tetsuya Wakuda (Sydney) and Justin Quek (Singapore). Marina Bay Sands features signature restaurants, modern bistros and a premium food court.
• Entertainment: Marina Bay Sands energizes the entertainment and nightlife scene in Singapore with nightclubs, world-class entertainment, a museum and a casino. The museum, which has a lotus-inspired design, will feature blockbuster exhibitions from around the world. Two state-of-the-art theaters will open with a total of about 4,000 seats. The Broadway hit The Lion King will debut in Sands Theater, with Le Theater presenting shorter-run shows such as concerts, award ceremonies and gala events. The outdoor event plaza along the promenade next to Marina Bay will host audiences for watching events on the bay or on the plaza.
Additional Company Information
More than 5000 Employees
Hotel / Hospitality