Senior Commercial and Pricing Analyst
Senior Commercial and Pricing Analyst
Singapore Post Limited
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for the company’s products and services by working closely with other departments including Sales, Product and Network
- Identify new markets by reviewing the competitor landscape and constructing a pricing matrix that serves the requirement
- Perform cost and pricing analysis, compiling market information, cost databases and provide recommendations for improved prices and cost reductions
- Building and regularly updating a Pricing history database
- Manage and supervise the Business Unit’s customer base, taking the necessary steps to enhance profitability, ensuring accuracy in all pricing matters
- Challenge sales teams to justify low margin or low ship to profile customers
- Establish and maintain effective communication with Sales, Finance, Operations and customers
- Conduct presentations or meetings on a monthly basis. Providing detailed explanations for low margin accounts and formulating next steps.
- Lead and drive adhoc projects for overseas expansions, product development and system implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- At least 3-4 years of Pricing experience within any industry (eCommerce/Logistics is a plus)
- At least 2 years of management exposure and industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate at all levels with an open and honest approach
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Proactive mindset with the ambition to drive improvements
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure
Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Services, Logistics/Supply Chain
As Singapore’s designated postal operator, Singapore Post (SingPost) provides mail services to homes and businesses throughout the country, besides pioneering e-commerce and logistics solutions across the Asia Pacific region and beyond. SingPost’s diversified offering includes retail, storage, financial services and integrated business services in addition to its traditional postal activities, and the company now operates in 19 markets with over 7500 employees around the world.
The origins of SingPost can be traced back to 1819, when a single mail office was established to serve the newly-founded British trading post of Singapore. Demand for postal services soon began to grow, and the ‘Post Office’ was officially established as a government department in 1858. To learn more about SingPost’s heritage, please visit https://160.singpost.com/. Today SingPost is listed on the SGX-ST, with its largest shareholders being Singapore Telecommunications Limited (21.8%) and Alibaba Group Holding Limited (14.5%).
Being Singapore’s designated Public Postal Licensee (PPL), a position that was renewed in 2017, SingPost is responsible for managing the country’s 57 post offices, 743 street posting boxes and 11,050 POPStation lockers across 156 locations, as well as issuing stamps, maintaining the national postal code system, processing and delivering average 3 million mail items daily.
SingPost takes a proactive approach to diversifying its operations, while also ensuring that its various subsidiaries and services are seamlessly integrated. In addition to SingPost’s eCommerce business, an ecommerce enabler that provides brands and retailers with integrated ecommerce solutions, SingPost offers logistics and fulfilment services to businesses through Quantium Solutions across the Asia Pacific region. Another business, Speedpost provides international shipping to more than 200 destinations across the globe and courier services within Singapore, while CouriersPlease delivers parcels throughout Australia, and Famous Holdings offers international freight consolidation and forwarding. Lock+Store offers self-storage solutions in Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Together, these end-to-end solutions result in a unified organisation with a firm foothold in a wide range of strategic markets, and a shared vision to become a global leader in both communications and e-commerce logistics.
SingPost has received international recognition for the quality of its operations, including awards for customer care, investor relations, digital innovation and e-commerce. Innovative and forward-thinking, SingPost has successfully developed a globally competitive postal and logistics infrastructure which is perfectly positioned to keep pace with Singapore’s ambitious plans for the future.
Additional Company Information
2001 - 5000 Employees
Average Processing Time
Transportation / Logistics
Benefits & Others
Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), Flexible benefits