Director, Network Operations
Director, Network Operations
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As Director of Network Operations, your primary responsibility will be to lead a diverse global team responsible for the management, support, and implement/drive improvements to Visa’s global network based from the ITIL framework. This will involve managing a local team of engineers in the AP region, and working with the Director of Network Operations in the US and peers across the world. You will work closely with the leadership teams from Network Tools, Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Systems and Programs, and other cross-functional teams who are managing systems and applications, to drive efficiency and improvements in supporting/managing the network, review/enhancement of processes and implementing new technologies. This position is within Global Infrastructure Network Services (GINS) team, that architects, engineers and operates Visa’s global backbone, datacenter, and access networks. The GINS team is centered around hiring and developing diverse talents who are passionate about building and operating best-in-the-breed infrastructure through technology and innovation.
- Drive bottoms-up improvements for Network Operations (including Level-1 & Level-2 Incident management, Change management and Problem management)
- Lead crisis/incident event management incidents
- Customer/partner engagements to represent operational concerns/needs
- Mentor technical staff and drive programs to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish best-practice methodologies for problem resolution in a global, 24 x 7, high volume, high availability, critical production environment, based on metrics-based KPIs.
- Lead the development of innovative network operations processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on new technologies, particularly virtualization, SDN and big data analytics.
- Provide leadership to manage demands from projects and technology upgrades including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals and KPIs.
- Manage oversight of complex network operations processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Decision making authority is broad and can have significant material impact on cost, business planning and success of Visa's core business.
- Support adoption of new technologies and tools, recommend capability improvements to network engineering, and assist in lab deployments for technology trials.
- Ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
- Drive coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate cyber risk issues and emerging threats in such a dynamic environment.
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Lead development of innovation and strategic direction in application of theories and concepts in data network design, configuration, administration, maintenance and/or support.
- Assist in the development of a strategic roadmap to ensure network operations goals are met.
- Work closely with Network Tools, Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Systems and Programs, and other cross-functional teams who are managing systems and applications to drive efficiency and improvements in supporting/managing the network, review/enhancement of processes and implementing new technologies; and to proactively ensure network operations capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
- Ensure service level targets are met, and address all service-level complaints.
- Ensure network operations are conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external standards as defined in company objectives (e.g., ITIL, ISO27001/27002 and similar).
- Participate in disaster recovery/business continuity activities, as needed.
- Comfort in working through corporate culture with purpose and energy to promote unified approach.
- Establish standards and governance in future acquisitions to mitigate risk and maximize network stability.
- Provide subject matter expertise in interactions with partners and customers, program manage collaboration projects externally and internally.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
As the ideal candidate, you will be a proven leader of technical teams in a diverse, fast paced environment. The following qualifications are required for the role:
- 10+ years experience in technology, information security, and/or network administration; with 6+ years of experience in management role
- With current or held advanced network technical certification (e.g., CCIE/CCNP, JNCIE/JNCIS, or relevent industry certification etc.).
- Experience or background with automation using Ansible and/or Python would be desired.
- Experience leading a large Software/Tools Development team or Network Engineering / Operations team.
- Experience leading a network operations team for an enterprise that has heavy consumer facing network infrastructure and a large B2B network interactions.
- Proven track record of driving change and transformation in network operations processes, tools and technologies through metrics driven, KPI based methodologies, and an evidence based operational improvement and decision making approach to best meet business objectives and priorities.
- Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs.
- Experience working with highly effective engineering teams through major technology transitions.
- Demonstrated understanding of tools and technologies in network operations ecosystem.
- Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network operations strategic planning.
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
- Prior experience in multi-vendor networking technologies.
- Hands-on experience in deploying large scale network technologies.
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams.
- Track record in developing next generation leaders.
- Demonstrated experience of metrics driven management with accountability.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.