Senior Data Science Engineer
Senior Data Science Engineer
DXC Technology Singapore Pte Ltd
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the team on client’s innovation journey, especially on the machine learning, artificial intelligence technologies
- Work with stakeholders and users on the Design Thinking journey.
- Understand how big data and data science technologies could be used to solve client’s problems
- Architect big data and data science solutions
- Ensure that the team delivery quality results within the expected timeline
- Willing to pick up other aspect of technology, e.g. cloud, IoT, etc.
- Serve as mentor to the junior team members
The following are some of the attributes required for the role:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gather and assimilate information.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Comfortable with core machine learning algorithms implementation and theory.
- Have passion and enthusiasm to master new technology.
- Lateral thinking, passionate, innovative and creative.
- Ability to work under pressure on exciting projects.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in most of the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in machine learning development focusing on designing, developing and integrating applications
- At least 6 years of data mining and machine learning on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical and predictive models
- Very strong experience in creating machine learning applications and handling a large amount of data.
- Strong ability to deliver architectural artefacts such as reference architectures, high-level design, conceptual diagrams.
- Experience in dealing with machine learning - from collection to extraction, processing and modeling
- Designed, architect, optimized and deployed streaming machine learning pipeline for a stable and efficient application layer integration.
- Deep experience of Python, TensorFlow, Sklearn and OpenCV
- Experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms such as LightGBM, XGBoost, ensemble and stacking methods, etc.
- Experience in natural language processing (NLP) which includes natural language generation, voice to text and text to voice processing and image processing using machine learning techniques will be advantageous.
- Experience with NoSQL, ETL, Hive, and Pig. Proficient in using databases like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Neo4J, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems, large scale non-relational data stores, MapReduce systems, data modelling, database performance, and multi-terabyte data warehouses will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of technology tools especially those related to analytics, data & statistical modelling will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis/models across a diverse team.
- A highly motivated self-starter who possess positive mindset, a doer mentality, proactive and good communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Computer/Information Technology, IT-Software
DXC Technology helps our customers across the entire Enterprise Technology Stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds. We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders. DXC invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution. The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector customers in 70 countries. DXC’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global DXC Partner Network relationships, including 14 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware. DXC is a recognized leader in corporate responsibility, and ranked among the world’s best corporate citizens. DXC is a Fortune 500 company and represented in the S&P 500 Index. Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at www.dxc.technology.
Additional Company Information
501 - 1000 Employees
Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
Benefits & Others
Dental, Medical, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business Casual