Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator
DXC Technology Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Determines data to collect and analyses information as appropriate. Investigates and resolves technical database issues of significance.
- Oversees the analysis and determination of database performance characteristics, informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommends and implements tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
- Defines logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Optimizes database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Limits database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur.
- Implements and supports database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitors security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; installs necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
- Plans and installs upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
- Functions as a technical project leader or provides work leadership for less experienced personnel on a portfolio of databases, including installations and upgrades of DBMS software and backup/recovery strategies. Reviews and approves application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Assists project managers in the development of project plans including detailed project estimates and tasks required for database activities. Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Integrates databases and commercial of the shelf software; resolves conflicts between databases and of the shelf software, operating systems, and open source applications.
- Designs and tests database installation, implementation, and recovery scenarios. Determines test to use and collects appropriate data according to established guidelines. Participates in analysis, development and implementation of unique database recovery plans in response to client-impacting outages.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in database design or maintenance
- Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures – backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle Server
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
- Experience working with database performance tuning and optimization (PTO)
- Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience in MySQL, Maria DB, Mongo DB on Linux environment will be an added advantage.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good programming skills for database management and general software
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Office environment
- Shift hours including weekend and public holidays
Years of Experience
Computer/Information Technology, IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin
DXC Technology helps our customers across the entire Enterprise Technology Stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
DXC invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector customers in 70 countries.
DXC’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global DXC Partner Network relationships, including 14 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware.
DXC is a recognized leader in corporate responsibility, and ranked among the world’s best corporate citizens. DXC is a Fortune 500 company and represented in the S&P 500 Index.
Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at
Additional Company Information
2001 - 5000 Employees
Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
Benefits & Others
Dental, Medical, Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business Casual
Your application has been successfully submitted.