Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd.
West - Others
Reporting to Manager, Technical, this position is required to provide support for the manufacturing process and ensure that the production process strictly follows company safety standards and environmental regulations. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Safety Case and coordinate on environmental related regulation requirements (Energy, Water and GHG) activities.
- Support direct manufacturing process operations and ensure safe operation of manufacturing process
- Support the implementation of process safety management and coordinate on Process Hazard Analysis and assessment (e.g HAZOP, Risk Assessment)
- Support Safety Case compliance to ensure that the process safety capacity for the business’ operations is in compliance with industrial and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the analysis of near misses and incident investigations related to process safety
- Coordinate mandatory energy, carbon and water submissions in compliance with local regulations to relevant authorities
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Entry level candidates without experience are welcome to apply
- Knowledge in Process Safety and HAZOP is essential
- Working knowledge in process design, standards/codes and process safety standards preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-driven, independent and resourceful
- Effective team player with good communication and presentation skills
- Possess good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willing to work in Jurong Island
- Able to perform overtime work whenever required
Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Engineering, Chemical Engineering
Officially formed on 1 October 1997, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. (MCI) is one of the largest chemical companies in Japan. Our innovative technologies and materials, along with products that offer functionality, are being used in a wide range of business sectors such as automotive, healthcare and food packaging.
Our presence in Singapore includes:-
- Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd (Regional Headquarter)
- Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd.
- SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd.
- Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd - Established in 1997, it is one of the four regional headquarters of MCI, managing the company's operations in ASEAN, South Asia, Middle East and Oceania.
Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd - Our integrated Phenol – Bisphenol-A complex is one of Mitsui Chemicals largest overseas Phenol – Bisphenol-A site set up since 1998.
Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd - Established in 2001, it manufactures and sells a line of high performance elastomers centered at a flagship product, TAFMER™.
Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd. - It is the driving force in Mitsui Chemicals Group for achieving and maintaining superior levels of R&D competitiveness in our business domains.
SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd. - Wholly owned by MCI, SDC Technologies is a recognized world leader in the development and manufacturing of proprietary, high-performance coating systems.
Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd. - Through the manufacturing of Evolue™, a high-performance linear-low density polyethylene resin, EVLS aims to be the leader in Asia’s high-performance polyethylene maker.
Mitsui Chemicals Group is one of the pioneers Human Capital Partners (HCP), award by Ministry of Manpower (MOM), and we focus on developing the skills and knowledge of our employees at different career stages. HCP Programme is a tripartite initiative that brings together a community of employers who are committed to grow their businesses and stay competitive by having progressive employment practices, and developing their human capital.
Additional Company Information
201 - 500 Employees
Benefits & Others
Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business and Uniform