Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Centre Pte Ltd
West - Others
Reporting to Manager, Research, this position is responsible for carrying out Research & Development tasks related to biochemistry/biotechnology projects and supporting new project creation.
- Gather information and propose action plan and tasks for biochemistry/biotechnology related research projects
- Perform analytical, experimental and prototyping work and provide solutions according to requirements for research projects
- Obtain and organize data and carry out experimental work based on research strategy to support patent applications
- Support new business, product, application and project creation by conducting information search on technologies and markets, analyzing search results, establishing project hypotheses and evaluating the feasibility of project ideas
- Implement experiments and prototypes for research projects, maintain close communication and collaboration with external counterparts and Japan Headquarter for potential development of new products and businesses
- Prepare progress reports for periodic updates and make presentation during technical meetings and regular discussions
- Implement safe practice activities to maintain and improve safety standard at the workplace, report potential safety hazard and recommend safety remedies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or Biotechnology with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in microbiology, molecular biology or fermentation technology and technical skills in PCR, DNA extraction, sequencing and data analysis will be advantageous
- Independent, self-motivated, resourceful and a good team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to perform overtime work whenever required
Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Officially formed on 1 October 1997, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. (MCI) is one of the largest chemical companies in Japan. Our innovative technologies and materials, along with products that offer functionality, are being used in a wide range of business sectors such as automotive, healthcare and food packaging.
Our presence in Singapore includes:-
- Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd (Regional Headquarter)
- Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd.
- SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd.
- Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd - Established in 1997, it is one of the four regional headquarters of MCI, managing the company's operations in ASEAN, South Asia, Middle East and Oceania.
Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd - Our integrated Phenol – Bisphenol-A complex is one of Mitsui Chemicals largest overseas Phenol – Bisphenol-A site set up since 1998.
Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd - Established in 2001, it manufactures and sells a line of high performance elastomers centered at a flagship product, TAFMER™.
Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd. - It is the driving force in Mitsui Chemicals Group for achieving and maintaining superior levels of R&D competitiveness in our business domains.
SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd. - Wholly owned by MCI, SDC Technologies is a recognized world leader in the development and manufacturing of proprietary, high-performance coating systems.
Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd. - Through the manufacturing of Evolue™, a high-performance linear-low density polyethylene resin, EVLS aims to be the leader in Asia’s high-performance polyethylene maker.
Mitsui Chemicals Group is one of the pioneers Human Capital Partners (HCP), award by Ministry of
Manpower (MOM), and we focus on developing the skills and knowledge of our employees at different career stages. HCP Programme is a tripartite initiative that brings together a community of employers who are committed to grow their businesses and stay competitive by having progressive employment practices, and developing their human capital.
Additional Company Information
1 - 50 Employees
Benefits & Others
Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
Science Park II
Your application has been successfully submitted.