Engineer, Technical Support
Engineer, Technical Support
Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Centre Pte Ltd
West - Others
Reporting to General Manager, Technical Support, this position is responsible for providing regional technical support for Company products in Southeast Asia, responding to technical inquiries and attending to customers’ trials. The candidate is also expected to develop and set up test fixtures, perform testing and evaluation on Company products, and prepare testing and inspection reports.
- Gather and consolidate technical information for analysis, experiment and prototyping and propose ideas and solutions according to project requirements
- Perform analysis, experiment or prototyping works for technical support activities
- Gather data for technical support projects and present and explain Company’s technology platform to customers
- Explore new businesses, products, applications and projects by researching and analyzing technology and market information, establishing project hypotheses and conducting feasibility evaluation
- Prepare progress reports and presentation materials
- Implement safe practice activities to maintain or improve safety for new business development tasks by identifying potential risks or hazards and proposing safety remedies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Polymer Science with working experience in plastic manufacturing or plastic moulding preferred
- Knowledge in polymer processing or polymer analysis
- Independent, self-motivated, resourceful and a good team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Frequent business trips to Southeast Asia and Japan is expected
- Able to perform overtime work whenever required
Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Engineering, Chemical Engineering
Officially formed on 1 October 1997, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. (MCI) is one of the largest chemical companies in Japan. Our innovative technologies and materials, along with products that offer functionality, are being used in a wide range of business sectors such as automotive, healthcare and food packaging.
Our presence in Singapore includes:-
- Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd (Regional Headquarter)
- Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd
- Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd.
- SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd.
- Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd - Established in 1997, it is one of the four regional headquarters of MCI, managing the company's operations in ASEAN, South Asia, Middle East and Oceania.
Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd - Our integrated Phenol – Bisphenol-A complex is one of Mitsui Chemicals largest overseas Phenol – Bisphenol-A site set up since 1998.
Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd - Established in 2001, it manufactures and sells a line of high performance elastomers centered at a flagship product, TAFMER™.
Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Center Pte. Ltd. - It is the driving force in Mitsui Chemicals Group for achieving and maintaining superior levels of R&D competitiveness in our business domains.
SDC Technologies Asia Pacific, Pte. Ltd. - Wholly owned by MCI, SDC Technologies is a recognized world leader in the development and manufacturing of proprietary, high-performance coating systems.
Prime Evolue Singapore Pte. Ltd. - Through the manufacturing of Evolue™, a high-performance linear-low density polyethylene resin, EVLS aims to be the leader in Asia’s high-performance polyethylene maker.
Mitsui Chemicals Group is one of the pioneers Human Capital Partners (HCP), award by Ministry of
Manpower (MOM), and we focus on developing the skills and knowledge of our employees at different career stages. HCP Programme is a tripartite initiative that brings together a community of employers who are committed to grow their businesses and stay competitive by having progressive employment practices, and developing their human capital.
Additional Company Information
1 - 50 Employees
Benefits & Others
Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
Science Park II